Experience an unforgettable cycling vacation or family vacation in the beautiful Münsterland.
Geographically, the camping and mobile home park belongs to Sassenberg in the district of Warendorf. The town of Sassenberg with the district of Füchtorf has a good transport infrastructure and is easily accessible via a big network of federal roads that connects to the main highways in the area – A1, A2, A30, A33. The cities of Münster and Osnabrück are only 40 kilometers away.
Bicycle park Münsterland and more for a varied cycling holiday
Located in the middle of the idyllic bicycle park Münsterland, Campingpark Heidewald is the ideal starting point for your cycling vacation. You can make small and extended bicycle tours. The Münsterland Plain can be easily explored even by inexperienced cyclists. Some of the most popular and beautiful bike routes you can ride directly from the campsite, such as the Ems Cycle Path and the 100 Castles Route or our cycling tip “Route 72”.
The nearby center of Warendorf with its beautiful old town is always worth a visit. Likewise, the pilgrimage town of Telgte can be easily reached by bike.
The surrounding spas such as Bad Laer, Bad Iburg and Bad Rothenfelde are also attractive stops on your cycling vacation, but are of course also easy to reach by car.
Leisure activities around our camping park
Tips for sportsmen and water rats
- Golf course in Peckeloh – our guests golf with 30% discount
- Minigolf in Versmold
- Swin-Golf at the spelt farmer
- Horse riding for children and adults
- Fishing at waters in the surroundings
- Tennis at the TC Sassenberg
- Fun pool for children in Everswinkel
- Carpesol SPA thermal bath in Bad Rothenfelde
- Brine outdoor pool in Bad Laer
Tips for nature and animal lovers
- The horse town of Warendorf
- The zoo in Osnabrück
- The all-weather zoo with dolphinarium in Münster
- Stuckenbrock Safari Park
- Heimat-Tierpark Olderdissen (free admission)
- With the canoe on the Werse
- Fun-Center Nimmerland – indoor play paradise
- Summer toboggan run, leisure and fairy tale park in Ibbenbüren
- Nature adventure park with aquarium and diving paradise
If you do not have your own bicycles, you can rent bicycles of various types and e-bikes at the site, so you do not have to miss out on your cycling vacation.
The recreational area Feldmark borders the Campingpark Heidewald in the east of Sassenberg. Within walking distance from the site is the Feldmarksee, a tourist attraction far into the surrounding area. The lake offers a variety of water sports activities and has a wide sandy beach with shallow shore access, which is especially popular with families. The large gastronomic offer has refreshments for every taste. During the annual Feldmark Triathlon, the Feldmarksee is an integral part of the swimming distance.
A newly opened Nordic Walking Park with three different routes and a length of more than 12 km is also one of the newest attractions in the adjacent recreation area Feldmark.
Horse lovers will also get their money’s worth in Sassenberg, as the sport and horse town of Warendorf is only a few kilometers away. The passion for horses is reflected in the entire surrounding area. The center is Warendorf with the NRW State Stud, the German Olympic Committee for Equestrianism (DOKR) as well as the most important departments of the German Equestrian Federation (FN) and many other facilities.
Whether you are on a cycling vacation, a family vacation or an adventure vacation – our 5-star campsite in Münsterland is the right place for you!
Beautiful city views and shopping
- Town of Sassenberg – vacation resort with asparagus and strawberry culture
- The city of Warendorf – historical old town and city stroll
- Telgte – small town with religious culture and beautiful city center
- Münster – student city, service and administrative center
- Peace city Osnabrück
- Tecklenburg – medieval gem and festival town
- Bad Iburg – with the State Garden Show 2018
- Bad Laer – vitalizing, regenerating and healing with brine
- Bad Rothenfelde – brine, salt and sensual pleasures
- Versmold – whets the appetite for sausages
- Bielefeld – a city worth seeing on the Teuto river
Experience shopping and direct shopping in our area(a selection without guarantee)
- Stockmeyer – meat and sausage products, Sassenberg-Füchtorf
- Wiltmann – meat and sausage products, Versmold
- Homann – delicatessen directly from the source, Dissen
- Reinert’s Hoffleischerei in Versmold
- Apetito – factory outlet in Hilter
- Nölke – international sausage and ham specialties, Versmold
- Coppenrath & Wiese confectionery, Osnabrück
- Vegetable organic farm Schwienheer, Sassenberg-Füchtorf
- Dinkelhof Horstmann – farm café, spelt products and more, Glandorf
- Hof Heseker – adventure farm, farm café, country butchery, Warendorf
- Clothing factory Heiner Bessmann in Marienfeld-Harsewinkel
- Fashion store Bruno Kleine in Marienfeld
- Gerry Weber Outlet in Halle (Westf.)
- Storck factory outlet in Halle (Westf.) – the world of exquisite sweets
- Brax Factory Outlet, Herford
- Rabe Moden GmbH in Hilter